Enjoy active summer holidays at the Family Hotel Kitzspitz in Tyrol. Holidays are times for families to spend special time together and to explore the natural surroundings. At last, some time to spend with your nearest and dearest here at the Family Hotel Kitzspitz in the Pillerseetal region.
On summer holidays at the Family Hotel Kitzspitz, there is so much for children to explore and discover:
- children pool and natural bathing pool for all water fans
- A large lawn away from the road where children can let off steam
- Playground with climbing wall, swing, slide, trampoline, sandpit
- Children’s playroom with table tennis and table football
- softplay tunnel 12 m
- Children’s meals at the buffet to avoid waiting times for children getting their meals
- Baby bed and high chair for the little ones
- Board games and DVDs to borrow
- Riding holidays for all the family in our own Strasserwirt Riding School, pony riding
The theme park, Familienland in St. Jakob is just 10 min drive away, with many attractions for all ages such as whitewater rafting, rollercoaster, pirate ship, giant trampoline, wave slide, petting zoo, and new indoor climbing hall for wet weather.
Tip: also new and very suitable for a rainy day is the brine inhalation grotto for adults and children.
The fun Tatzi children’s programme (DE) run by the Tourist Office provides variety for family holidays in the Pillerseetal region. Every day, from Monday to Friday, children experience a new adventure with Tatzi, making their holidays in Tyrol really exciting.
It’s not only little ones, but also teenagers who have so many opportunities on summer holidays rich in variety in the mountains:
- Beach volleyball and boating on the Pillersee
- Tennis on the hotel’s own tennis court
- Table tennis and archery
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Climbing or canyoning with the mountain sports school, Fun Connection
- Riding holidays: a paradise for horse-lovers
Adventure parks on the mountain such as the Triassic Park on the Steinplatte in Waidring, or Timoks Alm with Timoks Coaster in Fieberbrunn provide plenty of variety and action for family holidays in summer in the Pillerseetal region.
Travel back in time to a long forgotten world. Interactive indoor exhibition and large outdoor area about the Triassic period, when the Steinplatte was created. With a 210 m² mini sea, the highest sandy beach in the Alps, the Triassic Beach gives children the opportunity to take for dinosaur skeletons.
Other attractions: Climbing wall, raft and dinosaurs in the lake and the Triassic Trail, a themed trail with fossils, ammonites and more.
The Timoks Alm, run by the Fiberbrunn lift company, has an adventure trail, high ropes course, deer enclosure, climbing area, and Timoks Coaster, a cool 2-seater rollercoaster running from the midstation back into the valley.
Not only that, but there are also other summer toboggan runs in the near vicinity, as well as the Bike Park in Leogang, the Hornpark Climbing Park in St. Johann in Tyrol, and other mountain adventures like the Hexenwasser in Söll (DE). There’s certainly no question of boredom creeping in.