Your hosts in the 4* Naturhotel Kitzspitz
Family-run hotel in Tyrol
We, Alexander Nothegger and Maria Elbl, are committed to caring for the well-being of our guests. Nature is very important to us, and we love to help our guests appreciate the beauty, power, and diversity of nature here in St Jakob and the Pillerseetal region in a very special, natural ambience.
Enjoy what nature offers us in all its forms. Sense our connection with nature and discover a place to rest and relax here. A first visit to start with, and then returning again and again; that is always the biggest compliment for us and our team.
We look forward to your visit
Your hosts, Maria Elbl - Alexander Nothegger and all of the team at the Kitzspitz bid you a very warm welcome
A traditional hotel in the Pillerseetal region
We are a member of a group of traditional hotels in the Pillerseetal region, a group of TEH family-run hotels in the Pillersee valley where guests can be sure of genuine Tyrolean tradition and hospitality.
- Quality and service is of the utmost importance to the hosts
- You can expect excellent cuisine and individual strengths and specialisations in the family-fun traditional hotels in Pillerseetal
Quality at a fair price – for successful holidays.
Philosophy & history
The hotel was purchased in 1982 by our family as a second hotel to complement their first one, the Strasserwirt. We have paid much attention to detail in creating a lovely environment for our guests, and take pride in presenting ourselves now as a successful 4 star hotel in the Alps.
Our values & beliefs - what we see as important ...
- Our 4 star Naturhotel is exclusively for our hotel guests. attention of all of our team is focussed on your most valuable days of the year
- We keep our promises: you can rely on what we say in our advertising media, and you won’t be faced by any unpleasant surprises. Simply enjoy and re-energise.
- Sustainability & responsibility: we take an environmentally friendly approach to the nature that surrounds us. We want to share our enthusiasm for this region and its culture with others.
- Cooperation with local partners in the Pillerseetal region and in Tyrol, supporting the region and keeping delivery distances short.
- Careful selection of ingredients. Quality that you can taste: the glutamate-free ham and sausage specialities come from the local butcher, the fresh bread and crispy bread rolls come from the bakery in the valley, and the fresh organic yoghurt come from the farm just 500 m away. These are reliable partners who provide us with high-quality, delicious goods.
Sustainable holidays with nature, and from nature
We live with and from the natural environment, and therefore we should protect it. In doing so, generations to come will also be able to experience unspoiled nature.
- E-mobility: We have an type 2 E-charging station for electric cars, and a Mercedes B electric car that guests can hire.
- Our own photovoltaic generating facility, and natural warmth in summer and winter from wood, our own biomass heating saves 200 tonnes of carbon dioxide a year
- We avoid unnecessary waste, and keep a keen eye on rubbish separation.
- We have water saving measures in place, use low-temperature washes for our laundry, and use Hollu-Eco ecological cleaning agents.
- 95% of all of the hotel lighting uses energy-saving LED’s.
- As an environmentally friendly measure, we will pick you up from the station if you choose to come by rail, and once arrived, you can use the Regio-bus for free of charge to get around
- We consciously shy away from cheap offers as we strive for quality and sustainability. We don’t offer any cheap holidays, because this would be unsustainable. Our staff also deserve a fair wage.
- Guaranteed to be the best possible value for money for you