Activity holiday in Pillerseetal
The variety of the Kitzbühel Alps
Plenty of fun and adventure for families and activity-oriented holiday-makers, as well as an abundance of space and tranquillity to help you relax. Variety is Pillerseetal’s strength. Hiking, mountain-biking, leisurely cycling, climbing for beginners, families and experienced mountain-oriented sports fans.
Adventure-packed holidays are taken care of in Pillerseetal and in the surrounding Kitzbühel Alps. Boredom doesn’t stand a chance here, you just have to consciously make an effort to do nothing and relax. Being able to do everything, yet having to do nothing – that is the maxim here with us in the Kitzspitz, across all the seasons.
Pillerseetal in summer
A valley filled with opportunities
Nestling between the Steinplatte, the Lofer Mountains and in the middle of the Kitzbühel Alps, the 5 towns of St. Jakob in Haus, Hochfilzen, Fieberbrunn, St. Ulrich am Pillersee and Waidring make up your holiday destination, Pillerseetal. Pillersee, where Pillerseetal in St. Ulrich takes its name from, is ideally accessible on foot or by bike from the Kitzspitz. A must while on holiday, in spring, summer, autumn or winter.
Little, idyllic St. Jakob in Haus, where Naturhotel Kitzspitz is situated, is one of the most sun-blessed towns in Tyrol and is also home to the biggest accessible summit cross in the world, Jakobskreuz on the Buchensteinwand. From the large nature garden here in the Kitzspitz, the outdoor pool and the south-facing rooms, you get to enjoy the views to our local mountain and the Jakobskreuz.
Pillerseetal excursion destinations
- Pillerseetal isn’t yet overcrowded, so it is a real tip for those in the know!
- Variety-packed natural surroundings and fresh mountain air in an expansive valley
- 3 summer cable cars with mountains that provide dreamy views
- Pillersee cable car - Buchensteinwand with the Jakobskreuz,
- Fieberbrunn cable car with Timoks Wild World for families and Wildseeloder mountain lake at 2000 m
- Steinplatte cable car with Triassic Park
- NEW: Bike Area Streuböden in Fieberbrunn which has trail, two lines and a pump track between the Streuböden intermediate and valley station
- Up to 400 km hiking trails ranging from easy to difficult as well as numerous via ferrata routes
- Familienland leisure park in St. Jakob with salt-water grotto
- Numerous mountain bike routes and cycle paths on the flat and circular cycle routes
Not found anything to suit you? Then you could try THIS too ...
- A run or mountain run straight from the Kitzspitz
- Horse-riding in our partner stables, Strasserwirt
- Golf – 8 golf clubs within 35 km
- Archery - several archery course in the area
- Fishing at Lauchsee and at Pillersee, Forellenranch fishing pond
- Rowing boat and pedalo rides, stand-up paddling at Pillersee
- Several climbing crags, climbing boulder areas, via ferrata, Familienland climbing hall
- Canyoning, rafting or paragliding
Winter holiday in Pillerseetal
A holiday in one of the most snow-assured regions in Tyrol
Enjoy a winter holiday where Mother Hulda is right at home - in Pillerseetal, the most snow-abundant region in Tyrol. Explore the deep snow-covered winter landscape around Naturhotel Kitzspitz, whether it is while skiing or snowboarding right at the hotel, while out on ski tours, cross-country skiing, winter hiking, snow-shoe hiking or tobogganing.