The air in winter is particularly clear and invigorating and the glistening white natural landscape is particularly charming. Exercise out in the fresh air in the winter strengthens your immune system. So there’s nothing like putting on your warm winter clothing and heading out into the natural surroundings! Whether you are enjoying the healthy forest air in the snow-covered forests while forest bathing, or re-energising in the sunshine and topping up your vitamin D for the rest of the winter.
Head out on a ski tour to the loveliest viewing mountain in Pillerseetal, our local mountain - the Buchensteinwand - and be rewarded with fantastic views to the surrounding wintry mountain world from the summit or from the Jakobskreuz. Twice a week there is also a tour ski evening here.
Head out straight from the hotel winter hiking on one of the 100 km paths in Pillerseetal.
Our tip: A hike to sunny Hoametzl Hütte in Hochfilzen or to the Tennalm in Fieberbrunn. A hike around snowbound Pillersee is an experience in the winter.
There is a 1km natural toboggan run right next to the Kitzspitz. It is floodlit daily until 23.00. Walking time is around half an hour and there is free toboggan hire for our guests in the Kitzspitz.
Additional toboggan runs in Hochfilzen, Waidring and Fieberbrunn:
- Hoametzl Hütte toboggan run in Hochfilzen: 1.5 km in length, approx. 45 mins. Ascent along the toboggan run, floodlit, toboggan hire € 2, ascent also possible via skidoo from 18.00 to 20.00; advance registration possible
- Tobogganing in Fieberbrunn: 2.5 km in length, floodlit daily until 24.00. Ascent on foot: 1 1/2 hours, or by taxi
- Floodlit Oberweissbach natural toboggan run in Waidring: 2 km in length, ½ hour walking time. Tuesday to Saturday shuttle transfer to the mountain from 16.00
- Snow-shoe hike
- Play in the snow (build a snowman or an igloo, have a snowball fight, etc.)
- Use the cable car as a foot passenger
- Go curling, ice-skating
- Enjoy llama hikes
- Horse-riding in the riding hall with our partner, Strasserwirt stables
- Let off steam in the indoor climbing and play area in Familienland in St. Jakob
- Re-energise in the sea air in the Dead Sea salt grotto in Familienland