Wellness right at the ski piste
Ski-in; ski-out in Pillerseetal
Our Naturhotel Kitzspitz is situated right at the foot of Pillersee-Buchensteinwand cable car. Enjoy a dreamy ski holiday with friends or all the family in the variety-packed ski area of Pillersee and stay right at the ski piste. Families where there are 3 generations, that is grandma, grandpa, mum and dad and the children appreciate our Hotel Kitzspitz, which caters for the needs of all generations, for their ski holiday in Tyrol.
Our hotel is located right in the middle of several ski areas
Ideal location for a skiing holiday
The ideal location of Naturhotel Kitzspitz in Pillerseetal provides a choice of several ski areas. So, variety-packed and unlimited skiing fun is inevitable. In the Kitzspitz you are so close to the most fantastic ski areas in Austria!
Buchensteinwand ski area - Pillersee cable car – Ski-in; ski-out in Hotel Kitzspitz
Kitzspitz is situated right at the Buchensteinwand ski area, a small, yet perfectly formed, clearly set out ski area for pleasure skiers & families.
- 22 km of pistes up to 1456m altitude, all difficulty levels, with 2/3 north-facing slopes
- Two 4-seater chair lifts & 4 T-bar lifts, snow--making facilities for snow-assuredness
- Pletzi bear children’s park, magic carpets and figures for infants to get practising
- Ski tours and viewing mountain with designated ski tour routes
The Pillersee - Buchensteinwand ski area is ideally suited for leisure-oriented pleasure skiers, beginners and families with children. The best piste conditions are waiting for you here from the middle of December through to Easter - after all, Pillerseetal is the most snow-abundant region in Tyrol.
Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn – 6 km from Hotel Kitzspitz
A short drive takes you to one of the biggest and probably the most easy-going ski areas in the Alps. The Skicircus attracts genuine connoisseurs and keen piste explorers, just as much as pleasure-oriented skiers, to head out on a real ski safari.
- 270 km pistes up to 2098m altitude split across the federal states of Salzburg and Tyrol
- More than 60 lifts and plenty of ski lodges where you can stop-off for refreshments
- Plenty of deep snow slopes for freeriders in the freeriding paradise of Fieberbrunn
- Freeride guiding is exciting & safe at the same time with professional experts
- Winter toboggan run Timoks Alpine Coaster at the intermediate station in Fieberbrunn
- Free with the ski bus
Steinplatte ski area in Waidring – 12 km from the Kitzspitz
The Steinplatte ski area provides wide pistes on a high plateau and wonderful views. Thanks to its size and the slopes it is perfect for beginners, connoisseurs and families.
- Up to 40 km pistes which are up to 1860m altitude; viewing platform
- Wide, very well-tended pistes in the border triangle area of Salzburg, Tyrol and Bavaria
- Funline for children and Steinplatte snow park
- Deep snow slopes on the Schwarzloferalm for freeriders
- Free with the ski bus
3-Länder Freizeit-Arena ski pass
With ski passes valid for 4 days + for the Buchensteinwand, the ski areas of Waidring-Steinplatte, Reit im Winkl-Winklmoos, St. Johann in Tirol/Oberndorf/Kirchdorf in Tirol/Erpfendorf, Lärchenhof as well as the Lofer cable car and the Heutal lifts are included too. This, with the 3-Länder Freizeit-Arena ski pass opens up 171 very well-tended kilometres of pistes to you, and 61 lift facilities.
Wellness during a ski holiday in the Kitzbühel Alps
Relaxation right at the piste
In our saunas and spacious relaxation areas you get to relax after a day on the piste. Or you could swim a few laps in our heated indoor and outdoor pool which provides panoramic views to the Lofer Mountains.
Is there a minimum stay in the Kitzspitz for New Year's Eve?
Yes, at New Year’s Eve there is a minimum 7 day stay, with the latest arrival being 26th December. Later arrival and shorter stays are only available if there are spaces available.
Can I purchase a ski pass and hire skis in Skihotel Kitzspitz in Pillerseetal?
No, not here in the hotel, but ski hire is available at Intersport Günther and at the cable car valley station, there is also a ski school right behind the Kitzspitz.