Mountain bike & Road bike holiday
Want to ease down and combine a cycling holiday with a wellness holiday, family holiday, or even a cleansing fast treatment to help your fitness along?
Then the Kitzspitz is an ideal starting point for your next road or mountain bike holiday.
Explore the Pillerseetal landscape by bike, whether it is on leisurely, easier bike routes, to Pillersee for instance, or action-packed bike tours on mountain bikes or E-bikes. There is something for everyone, since anything is possible in Pillerseetal – a paradise for pleasure-oriented leisure riders, mountain bikers and racers.
And just in case it might be raining, you can of course pedal in our fitness room and enjoy the views, or pamper yourself with a wellness day in the sauna area, take a break in the indoor and outdoor pools and enjoy a sports massage.
Kitzspitz – A well-being hotel for pleasure-oriented cyclists and mountain bikers
- Bike and E-bike hire (fee payable) in the Kitzspitz
- Cycle stores for bikes and pro bikes you have brought with you
- Charging option for your E-bikes
- Direct location on the Buchensteinwand cycle path circuit and on the mountain bike path up to the Buchensteinwand
- Ideal starting point for all road and mountain bike tours
- Intersport Günther sports shop for bike hire, replacement parts and service, right next to Hotel Kitzspitz
- Wash facility to hose down your bike
- Option to fill your drinks bottle at the juice bar
E-bike holiday in Pillerseetal
We hire out E-mountain bikes in the hotel and you can also hire E-bikes in all the sports shops in Pillerseetal and charge them at the extra charging stations that have been set up for them in the valley. You can of course also store and charge your own E-bikes here with us.
Our tip: Safe on holiday, even on the bike. Please wear a helmet and be mindful of the fact that if you are not a performance-oriented E-biker that anywhere you ride your E-bike uphill, you will have to come back down again. E-bikes are somewhat heavier than standard bikes, so there will be more thrust on the downhills. The right braking technique is key!
Maybe you could book an E-bike/cycle technique training session before you set off, with one of the bike partner businesses, or head out on a guided tour and get a few tips!
Your bike experts in Pillerseetal
MTB & Road cycling in Pillerseetal
Waiting for road cyclists and mountain bikers during their cycling holiday in Pillerseetal:
- 400 km bike routes and cycle paths of all difficulty levels
- Easier cycle paths, e.g. to Pillersee (also manageable for families with children or riders who do not have electric drive on their bikes)
- Lots of managed Alpine inns that are accessible by bike, so you can enjoy a leisurely stop-off
- Guided mountain bike tours and E-bike tours in Pillerseetal
- Use your guest card to head back on the train if you don’t want to ride back
- The attraction for road riders - the Kitzbühel Horn - is also close by
- 3 variety-packed circular cycle paths (between 20 and 70 km in length): Buchensteinwand circuit, Kalkstein circuit, Steinberg circuit (sculpture cycle path)
- NEW: Bike Area Streuböden in Fieberbrunn for kids, beginners and leisure trail riders on the Schweinestberg Trail (length: 4 km, metres ascent: 375, difficulty: S0 easy), the Hänsn Line and the Obing Line in Easy Park Obingleitn, where 20-25 gentle bends proceed downhill and a mini pump-track
- Bike Park Leogang is very nearby (just a 20 minute drive away, with downhill routes, Jump Park, kids mini bike park with summer tubing, and much more.)
- OD Trails (Oberndorf Trails), the bike park in Oberndorf between St. Johann in Tirol and Kitzbühel, with 4 trails, T-bar lift for bikes, jump line and skill area