Hiking and wellness in Tyrol
What perhaps might be a challenging ascent to the mountain summit is rewarded with a feeling of absolute freedom and satisfaction. Enjoy the tranquillity on the summit, without having to say a word, just enjoying the spectacular view of this cinematic experience of nature, letting your thoughts roam. Mountains change your perspective and many an idea or realisation has come about in this way. Give it a try!
Hiking holiday in Tyrol
In the middle of the hiking paradise of Pillerseetal
The unique natural surroundings in Pillerseetal provide a hiking adventure whatever the season - from the mountain flowers in the spring, to golden autumn in October. Enjoy an Alpine summer and hike across lush Alpine pastures, where the cows and the sheep from the local farms spend their summer, until they return from the pasture back to the valley around the middle to the end of September, depending on the weather. Have you ever experienced an Alpine cattle drive? A wonderful tradition.
And even in winter you can head out on almost endless hikes away from the pistes, through the glistening snowy landscape.
Wellness & Hiking
If you are forging plans for the day over breakfast and are finding it difficult to choose between heading up the mountain or into the pool – or maybe both! Here with us in Naturhotel Kitzspitz anything is impossible. Be active or spend the day in the wellness area and relax. Being able to do everything, yet having to do nothing.
Hiking is also like wellness for body and mind. There is hardy any other sport where you can switch off as well as you can while hiking in the mountains. Hiking is THE sport for nature lovers. You can relax in the wellness area later on or be pampered during a beneficial treatment.
Hiking holiday in Tyrol
On 400 km of hiking paths in Pillerseetal, everyone really will find a hiking route to suit them – a natural paradise for hikers and mountaineers. You are right on trend with hiking. Hiking in the mountains is once again enjoying huge popularity - it is just good, plain healthy exercise out in the fresh mountain air.
From beginner hiker to experienced mountain aficionado – a bespoke mountain adventure awaits you during a hiking holiday in Pillerseetal - whether it is a panorama hike, family hike with children or a challenging summit tour complete with via ferrata.
Guided tours bring you closer to the natural surroundings around Naturhotel Kitzspitz, in a unique manner. Lots of Alpine inns and taverns tempt you in to enjoy a refreshment stop. Long-distance hiking paths including KAT-WALK, the Kitzbühel Alps Trail and Waiwi, from Waidring to Wildseeloder and Fieberbrunn or themed hiking paths, including Jakobsweg path Tyrol, proceed past the hotel.
- 400km variety-packed hiking paths for every ability level
- Free hiking service – updated daily tips and suggestions for hikes
- Hiking snack for a small surcharge (only for hikes where there are no refreshment stop options; please stop off at inns and taverns that are open, otherwise there soon won’t be any left!)
- 3 cable cars for a relaxing ascent to all the viewing mountains in Pillerseetal
- Free hiking bus in the valley and train transport in the Kitzbühel Alps
- Free guided hikes with your guest card
- Even more guided hikes with local hiking guides, available for a fee
- Pillerseetal Card for daily use of the cable cars + Familienland + Lauchsee (fee payable, from 3 x cable car journeys or 2 x cable car + Familienland discount with the Pillerseetal Card)
- Kitzbühel Alps Summer Card for all cable cars and mountain adventure realms in the Kitzbühel Alps (fee payable)
- Themed hiking paths, including the new Biathlon WC path in Hochfilzen for Biathlon fans and the Sagenweg trail in Waidring
- Long distance hiking path: WAIWI, from Waidring to Wildseeloder
- Pillerseetal is the final stage, and therefore the finish area for the KAT Walk (Kitzbühel Alps long-distance hiking trail)
Hiking with the family in the Kitzbühel Alps
Did you know that things you did a lot as an infant and a child, and which you enjoyed, are stored in your memory bank and it is these things that will make you happy later on too as an adult? Our Alpine pastures and forests, the animals that live there and many exciting things are here waiting for children to investigate in Pillerseetal. Hiking is a shared adventure for all the family; an activity which will provide lasting memories.
Exercise together in nature, create unforgettable moments and give your children the opportunity to become the next generation of nature lovers.
Pillerseetal Card & Kitzbühel Alps Summer Card
Inclusive cards for cable car journeys and plenty of holiday fun
Climbing in Pillerseetal
For beginners to pro climbers
There are plenty of climbing crags for families to get into climbing, including those at Timoks Wild World at the intermediate station in Fieberbrunn, Hornpark Kletterwald in St. Johann and the Adolari practice via ferrata route in St. Ulrich am Pillersee.
The Steinplatte, which has 100 sports climbing routes, is known for being one the best limestone climbing areas in Tyrol (more for experienced climbers). Also well-known are the Panorama Klettersteig zur Henne in Fieberbrunn, the Marokka in Fieberbrunn and the ‘Nackte Hund’ in the Lofer Mountains for pros, a high Alpine via ferrata, incl. challenging mountain tour.
- 3 climbing crags: Adolari, Wiesensee and Timoks Alm (for beginners and families)
- Via ferrata routes in various difficulty levels (A-D)
- Fun Connection high ropes course in Fieberbrunn, guided climbing tours with Fun Connection or qualified mountain guides
- Indoor climbing in the climbing hall in Familienland in St. Jakob or in St. Johann